Cairns Regional Council (CRC) is the supplier of water and wastewater services for the Cairns region with a population of over 160,000.
MJM Environmental was engaged by CRC to design, construct and commission a filtration pilot plant for CRC to undertake future pilot studies.
As part of the scope of works for the project MJM Environmental was also engaged to procure, install and commissioning a containerised membrane pilot plant.
The scope of works completed by MJM for the filtration pilot plant included the following:
- Detail design of the pilot plant including process, mechanical civil, electrical and control
- Operator training and preparation of operations manual
MJM Environmental has worked closely with CRC to deliver the following project outcomes:
- Selection of the most appropriate filter media for the filtration plant
- Completion of the detail design and associated documentation including HAZOP Workshop
- Delivery, installation, construction and commissioned of the filtration and membrane pilot plants
- Operator training and delivery of operations and maintenance manuals for the pilot plants
MJM Environmental continues to work with CRC during the pilot study stage of the project as the technical advisor and reviewer for the pilot plant study.