Goondiwindi Regional Council (GRC) is the supplier of water and wastewater services for the Goondiwindi region with an area of 19,000 km2 and a population of over 12,000.
MJM Environmental was engaged by GRC to complete a detail design for the upgrade and replacement of George St Water Treatment Plant (WTP) filter media, pressure filter pipework and valves.
The scope of works completed by MJM included the following:
- Filter mudball jar testing to assess feasibility of filter media restoration through chemical cleaning
- Detail design of the replacement of filter media
- Detail design of George St WTP pipework and valves including filter to waste
- Technical Specifications for Process, Civil and Mechanical Works
- Preparation of Functional Description
- Preparation of Civil and Structural Engineering Detail Design Drawings
MJM Environmental continues to work with GRC to successfully deliver the project in 2018.